Thank you for taking the time to check our order! Great customer service!
- a Pharmaceutical Company
Improve the longevity of your tooling with our metallurgy services
Analyzing and resolving tooling issues.
We are dedicated to the failure analysis of steels used in the tablet compression tooling industry. We are the only tooling manufacturer with a metallurgist on staff.
We’ve combined our experience as the world’s premier manufacturer of tablet compression tooling with on-site metallurgical failure analysis. The result is the first and only focused resource dedicated to resolving failure and wear issues of metal parts.
Regardless of your tooling supplier, we’re happy to offer our metallurgical services will:
- Help you select and treat steels to improve the longevity of your tooling
- Analyze material chemistry and coatings
- Troubleshoot tool failure in tool steels and stainless steels
- Conduct wear testing on metal components
Our metallurgical services will help you combat issues that put you behind in production.
Metallurgical analysis can help you troubleshoot tooling issues such as wear, breakage, corrosion, and fatigue.
When failures occur, you can depend on our metallurgical testing services to assist you in determining the proper course of action to help you improve your process and increase profit.
Reduce cost by testing steel before your final tooling purchase
Our wear testing services let you:
- Test several different steels and coatings – prior to purchase
- Choose the right material and wear coatings for your process
- Be confident in the informed and cost-effective decisions you make
The wear test method we use is ASTM G-65A – and can be used to qualitatively rank materials using ASTM standard sand or using customer-supplied powder formulation. This way, you’ll know you’re making the best choices for your particular process.
Our analysis yields a wealth of useful information, such as:
- A better understanding as to the root cause of your problem
- The opportunity to reassess the steel type being used
- Insight on how to avoid similar problems in the future
For additional information on how our metallurgical services can help you refine your process, determine probable tool wear, and assess tool failure, contact us today.