Now, you can improve the longevity of your compression tooling and other wear parts.
Natoli Metallurgy specializes in analyzing and resolving pharmaceutical tooling issues.
Natoli Metallurgy is dedicated to the failure analysis of steels used in the pharmaceutical industry, as well as the Confectionery, Industrial, Nutritional, and Veterinary industries. We are the only tooling manufacturer with a metallurgist on staff.
We’ve combined metallurgy and metallurgical failure analysis with our experience as the world’s premier manufacturer of tablet compression tooling. The result is the first and only focused resource dedicated to resolving failure and wear issues of metal parts.
Regardless of your tooling supplier, we’re happy to offer our metallurgical services to:
- Help you select and treat steels to improve the longevity of your tooling
- Analyze material chemistry and coatings
- Troubleshoot tool failure in tool steels and stainless steels
- Conduct wear testing on metal components
Our metallurgical services will help you combat issues that put you behind in production.
Metallurgical analysis can help you troubleshoot tooling issues such as wear, breakage, corrosion, and fatigue. The analysis yields a wealth of useful information that will give us:
- A better understanding as to the root cause of your problem
- The opportunity to reassess the steel type being used
- Insight on how to avoid similar problems in the future
When failures occur, you can depend on our metallurgical testing services to assist you in determining the proper course of action to help you improve your process and increase profit.
Reduce cost by testing steel before you buy!
Wear testing is another metallurgical service that we offer. This service lets you:
- Test several different steels and coatings – prior to purchase
- Ensure you’re choosing the right material and wear coatings for your process
- Be confident in the informed and cost-effective decisions you make
The wear test method we use is ASTM G-65A – and can be used to qualitatively rank materials using ASTM standard sand or using customer-supplied powder formulation. This way, you’ll know you’re making the best choices for your particular process.
For additional information on how our metallurgical services can help you refine your process, project tool wear, and assess tool failure, contact us today.